I recently shot a short film for director Keegan Uhl for Canon's Beyond the Still contest and our film "The Beach" won first place. We had a lot of fantastic support getting the film done, and I'm really glad to see people liked what we put together. Keegan put in a ton of work and it's always rewarding to win something like this, especially when the film was done all out-of-pocket. My Gaffer on the film, Matt Irwin was awesome as well. He provided a lot of his own equipment, and even provided some camera gear which was very generous. Without a budget, Matt was doing the work of 2-3 guys which while tough was necessary here. We were able to make 99% of our wishlist happen during shooting so I came out of it pretty excited to see the end product and I think it turned out well. What do you think?
I've included the film below, as well as linked to an additional version containing a technical commentary where Keegan and I talk a bit about the process. You can also see the film on my site by going to the Motion page or view it here. Until next time, cheers.
Story BeTechnical Commentary version here.
(originally posted on my blog. Check it out, more to come.)
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades