Below is 45 gigapixels of Dubai.
Canon's 7D is yet again changing the game as part of a mind-boggling year in DSLR, filmmaking and photography history!
GigaPan's Robotic Mount has created the Worlds Largest Panoramic Photo at 45-Giga Pixels.... Get that. Gigapixels!
"4,250 individual shots taken with a Canon 7D and the 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6 L zoom at 400mm. Total shooting time circa 3 hours 30 minutes, in 37C heat (that's the temperature in the shade - the camera and lens were almost too hot to touch at the end of this)."
This is an example of part of the Dubai photo entitled "Sitting in the Shade".
Check it out here -- You can zoom forever!! The GigaPan team has tons of locales in their index from SF to
Their past attempts were pretty impressive: Paris at 26 and Prague at 18 GP each.
Check out the rundown from Wired on what made this record photo possible.
Clickthrough to Wired
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades